Menu

Everyday Seoul, Korean Food, Travel, Movies, K-pop, Games

March 23, 2018

Myeongdong Goroke | A popular croquette store near Myeongdong Cathedral

There is a store with long line always  in front of Seoul Myeongdong Cathedral. It is 'Myeongdong Goroke' which sells croquettes. 

Myeongdong Goroke tend to catch my eye when I visit Myeongdong Cathedral but I mostly gave up to buy their croquettes because of the long line. 

Today! I had my first challenge to Myeongdong croquette finally. I don't know the reason but the store wasn't as busy as another day.

Myeongdong Goroke near Myeongdong Cathedral in Seoul


Myeongdong Goroke is located in Myeong-dong. Sometimes when I see New York bakery in Seoul, I wondered why New York bakery locate here even it's not famous for bread.

Even a person who look like a foreign tourist is enjoying the croquette of Myeongdong Goroke. I was curious Korean food agree with foreigners. But on second thought, croquette isn't Korean food.

Guests waiting for croquette. A lady was smiling so brightly looking at croquettes. So that's a shame that I had to blur out her smile. I would like to eat the croquettes again after looking at below pictures.

The storekeeper Ajeossi was very fast when he put croquettes into a paper bag. His hands are faster than eyes! 

croquettes of Myeongdong Goroke

A various of delicious croquettes! I realized that the vegetable croquette sold out. Perhaps the usual long line was for buying the vegetable croquette.

Myeongdong croquette sell Vegetable croquette, potato croquette, mustard croquette, cream cheese croquette and red bean croquette. Price of croquettes are all same, 2000 won.

I finally succeeded to get Myeongdong Goroke. I purchased a potato croquette and a cream cheese croquette.


a potato croquette of Myeongdong Goroke

I tried a potato croquette first. It was crispy and still warm to eat cause I ate it immediately after i bought it. 

I was surprised that the portion of bread was thin. So even if a croquette are not thick, its inside is full. Potatoes are soft as if it boiled and finely mashed. The potato croquette was not so oily and and savory. I was able to eat happily. 


I ate a cream cheese croquette as a dessert after eating 'Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap'. It contains plenty of sweet cream cheese. Its cream cheese matches well the bread of Myeongdong Goroke.

I liked cream cheese croquette more than potato croquette. But both croquettes are delicious enough.

Next time, I would like to try mustard croquette and red bean croquette, of course Vegetable croquette, too!

Share:

0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Yoon and Choi : enjoyLIfe | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Norén | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

| Free Blogger Templates