Menu

Everyday Seoul, Korean Food, Travel, Movies, K-pop, Games

April 16, 2018

Gangnam 'Sweet Space'/ A store can buy discount snacks and candies from around the world, especailly 'TimTam'


There was a overseas sweets shops boom in Korea. They have lost a lot now, but some of the stores are still alive in Seoul and make my taste happy.

My favorite place for overseas sweets is Gangnam's Sweet Space! I introduce 'Sweet Space' where various overseas sweets await in their wide store. Sweet Space can meet when we go up to Nonhyeon Station from Gangnam Station of Seoul.


There is also Arnott's demon sweet 'Timtam', which was first introduced in 1958. The price is 1000 won! Unfortunately, this Tim Tam is not a delicious one. Of course, this Tim Tam is also delicious and I enjoy it.

But if you've tried real Timtam which made in Australia, you might felt a bit disappointed by this cheap Tim Tam. This friendly price Timtam is Timtam which made in Indonesia. It is said that recipe is different from Timtam made in Australia.

Sweets outside of the Sweet Space. The price is cheap. Sometimes the expiration date is imminent, and there are some sweets coming out cheaply, and this is a real big hit. I don't mind an hour left before the expiration date. It will disappear in ten minutes anyway.



Taiwanese Nougat crackers can be seen. Of course, to get the really tasty crackers should go to a Taiwanese specialty store. But if you want to immerse yourself in the memories of your trip to Taiwan, Nougat crackers in the Sweet Space are not so bad.

There is also wahhas with peanut butter which I love. Julie's Wafers Peanut butter, it's like a friend for me who really like peanut buttered sweets.


While talking, there was a delicious TimTam, a real TimTam or an Australian Tim Tam. It is also expensive sweet which is from original home town. But the taste is overwhelmingly dominated by Australia's Tim Tam than Indonesian Tim Tam.

The reason why Australian Tim Tam shows this difference is because of the difference in recipe. There are plenty of cocoa butter and cocoa masses in Australia's Tim Tam, but a synthetic flavor is being substituted for Indonesia Timtam.

If you want to choose delicious(and expensive) Tim Tam, please check the origin of the back. Sometimes there is a shop selling expensive Indonesian timtams. If so, make sure you are an Australian Tim Tam!



Gangnam Sweet Space sells not only foreign sweets but also various foreign ingredients.
Here are selling honey. Ketchup, mayonnaise and other sauces include mustard and chili sauce. I would like to try some olives someday. I heard that it's so good for our health.

There is a corner inside the shop where you can pick candy at will. I'm too sad because I couldn't find my favorite chocolate pretzel in a store.



They also sell liquor. It is a corner where they sell various kinds of foreign tea. There is Switzerland Miss Cocoa which thinks on a cold day. Eat it with marshmallows, I can say good-bye to cold winter. Maple syrup is also with pancakes!



Products with imminent shelf life are sold at 10% to 30% discount on a corner. Sometimes I am lucky enough to have a discount of more than 50%, so whenever I go to Gangnam, I find Sweet Space.

You can also see the Pepperidge Farm which is a high-class sweets compare to others in USA . Pepperidge Farm's chocolate cookie series are expensive even if it is discounted. To be bought only on special occasions.


I'm back to the store entrance. What I have in my hands is Indonesia Tim Tam. It is often called a fake Timtam, but it is not fake because it is different from its origin. It is not good enough to eat Australian Tim Tam. But it will soothe my heart sometimes.

Indonesia Tim tam says the origin when if you look upside down. So please be careful when you buy it.

Gangnam Sweet Space, It is probably the most overseas store I've ever been to. You can meet a variety of foreign sweets which makk you feel like you are travelling abroad.

Share:

0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Yoon and Choi : enjoyLIfe | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Norén | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

| Free Blogger Templates