Menu

Everyday Seoul, Korean Food, Travel, Movies, K-pop, Games

March 28, 2018

Stepping into a Seoul subway station and shopping in a Korean beauty brand 'The Face Shop'

In the end of March, the spring weather is in full swing. But even in same March, early march is still cold. People who passing the street wore thick clothes in my pictures. 
I also went out with a long padding jacket. 

My favorite transportations are subway and train. I usally get carsick when I take a bus. If I ride a train or subway, there is no motion sickness. I even can read a book or news page by my mobile phone in a subway. 

If possible, I refer to the subway map first when I ready for a day trip. 

Myeongdong subway station in Seoul


It is a scenery of subway station of Seoul. The above picture is Myeongdong Station on Line No.4.

I went down the stair to the inside of subway station. As you can see, most of subway stations in South Korea are similar. There are a lot of shops and people are shopping or just passing.

If there are differences, the composition of the shop or daily floating population would be different.

There are mainly clothes shops, shoe shops, accessory shops and cosmetics shops. In the case of Myeongdong station, there is especially K-pop Star goods store for foreign tourists.

Seoul Yangjae subway station


This is Yangjae Station line number 3. It was built recently compare to Myeongdong station. Ine Yangjae Station are many various food or beverage stores in addition to clothing stores and shoe stores. BeskinRobbins Ice Cream Shop, NewYork Hot Dog, Cafe Pascucci, a Japanese restaurant 'Soyami', etc.

There are also many cosmetic brand shops like Lalavla which has changed their name from Watsons this year.

The face shop, Korean beauty brand shop

In and out of subway stations, usually there are various cosmetic shops in South Korea. Cosmetic 'road shop' brands such as Misha and The Face Shop have grown explosively since 2000s.
Thanks to this, Koreans can easily buy nice beauty products with a good cost.

Nowadays, Korean cosmetics are also popular among foreigners. Especailly Asian foreign tourists are the main customers of the cosmetic road shops in Seoul business quarters.
When I dropped by The Face Shop which is in Myeong-dong, Chinese ladies were picking cosmetics.

For this reason, saleswomen of beauty brand shops in Seoul can speak Korean and Chinese or Japanese both.

Kakao Friends collabo items, etc.

Korean facial cosmetic masks in the face shop

1+1 items are displayed on the outside shelf of The Face Shop. I guess a loss leader of cosmetic brand shop is Korean facial cosmetic masks.

I went into the shop cause collaborated products with Kakao Friends were so cute.


After a long time, I found The Face Shop offline store. AD model of the brand has changed from Suzy to Twice. Twice is a very popular K-pop idol group in Japan and Taiwan.
I was attracted to their ad poster inside the shop for a while.

eye cosmetcs of The face shop

I took a look mainly the color cosmetics such as eye shadow with pastel tones. I also like Nail products with light blue colors. It reminds me of the sky of spring.

If you want, you can buy various color of nail products. Price of it is less than a few thousand korean won.

Tomaru cosmetic brand products

The Face Shop brand store are on display as well as the Tomaru brand cosmetics. It also sell Beyond brand cosmetics if a shop has additional brand name like 'Nature Collection' on their sign board.

Share:

0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Yoon and Choi : enjoyLIfe | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Norén | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

| Free Blogger Templates