Menu

Everyday Seoul, Korean Food, Travel, Movies, K-pop, Games

March 17, 2018

A dish to try in Myeong-dong | Chungmu Gimbap, A memory of Tongyoung travel

I can't forget the taste of 'Chungmu Gimbap' which I ate when I travelled to Tongyoung province in South Korea. I found Chungmu Gimbap by chance in Myeong-dong, Seoul. I introduce you to 'Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap'.  


Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap in Myeong-dong of Seoul


The Restaurant Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap is using a 3rd floors building all in the middle of Myeong-dong where has expensive rental costs. You can guess how many people visit Myeongdong Chungmu Kimbap, so that they can manage the Restaurant in such a tough rental place.


Kkakdugi(sliced radish kimchi) and Ojingeo Muchim(spicy squid salad) 

Ladies who is working hard in the open kitchen of Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap. Over clear window, they are making Chungmu Gimbap under people's nose . When people pass through the restaurant, they are attracted their sight without knowing. 

There is only one menu. They sell only Chungmu Gimbap. It is very clear just like the name of restaurant.

Customers waiting for packaging. When you go inside to the shop, there is more space to sit on the upper floor. It was easy to settled down as dinner time a bit passed. The business hour of Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap is until 11 o'clock every night.

I ordered my menu after taking a seat on the second floor. In fact, I didn't have to order, I just needed to say how many servings do I need. Cause the menu is only one kind, chungmu Gimbap(I really like these kind of restaurant).

The price of Cheongmu Gimbap is 8000 won per person. (Chungmu Gimbap of the below photos are for two people.)

Myeongdong Cheongmu Gimbap for two people


Chungmu Gimbap consists of Gimbap, Kkakdugi(sliced radish kimchi) and Ojingeo Muchim(spicy squid salad). It have originated in a food for sailors and became one of representative foods of Tongyoung province. 

And now we can also meet this food in Myeong-dong. The restaurant Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap serve Chungmu Gimbap with a soup. 

Chungmu Gimbap is a food form which put pure rice in Gim(seaweed) without other ingredient. So Korean eat Chungmu Gimbap with Ojingeo Muchim and Kkakdugi. 

The main character of Chungmu Gimbap is Ojingeo Muchim(spicy squid salad). I'm worried that this restaurant may feel difficult to manage thier menu cause the price of squid is going up nowadays. 

Ojingeo Muchim include sesame oil and Gochujang(hot pepper paste) stimulate appetite. It's very spicy as it looks. Please be careful if you cannot eat well spicy foods.

In my case I pick Ojingeo Muchim first with a fork and eat with Gimbap. And after I eat Kkakdugi(sliced radish kimchi). I like Kkakdugi's crispy texture. 



Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap is not as good as the original Chungmu Gimbap of Tongyoung. But I ate it all without leaving.

Actually it's not pleasure to meet local special foods in Seoul. (I think that it reduces regional diversity.) But this limit like Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap is ok to bring up memories of 

travel. I will visit Myeongdong Chungmu Gimbap occasionally when my memory of Tongyoung travel comes up. 

Share:

0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Yoon and Choi : enjoyLIfe | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Norén | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

| Free Blogger Templates