Menu

Everyday Seoul, Korean Food, Travel, Movies, K-pop, Games

July 20, 2018

Cheung kee, Hong Kong restaurant which meet in Seoul/ Wonton with noodle, Pork dumpling and Cheungkee fried noodle


I want to feel the memories of trip to Hong Kong. I went to Cheung kee restaurant which has a head office in Hong Kong. Cheung kee restaurant is located a little away from main street of Gangnam in Seoul.

The inside of Cheung kee is simple and does not have a lot of interior decoration, so it gives a feeling of Hong Kong local restaurant. It is also good for a Chinese character that hangs on a clean wall. If it had been overdecorated with this thing, I think it had a bad atmosphere.



The menu is simple for a Chinese restaurant. It is based on Hong Kong style dishes, so we are offering some kinds of Wonton, Pork dumpling, and Jajang romien noodle. The price range is a little bit high, but the amount of foods are enough. It is a good restaurant to share with other people rather than visiting alone.

Wonton is shrimp dumplings, and Sugyo is pork dumplings. In China, it is basically called water dumplings. And Romien, who seems to give you a taste of Jjajang. I wonder what flavor it is.


The radish comes out as a side dish. The color is pinkish, but the taste is sweet and savory. There is a tea instead of water like a Hong Kong restaurant.

It is a very spicy Chili black bean sauce. I make sauce with red vinegar, but keep in mind that it is very spicy. A magic sauce seasoned with black pepper. I personally want to put all the soup in the world is this seasoning.
How to eat Wonton delicious is introduced. 


It is Cheungkee fried rice which came out first. It is a very porky pork fried rice that is different from egg fried rice.

I like the rice because it fries until just before hard. If you like stiff fried rice like my case, you'll surely like it. Again, I cooked rice cooked in a strong fire, so I can not stand the rice and go until just before it is hard.


But that's why the more delicious taste is alive. These fried rice must be chewed for a long time. By eating fried rice in a hurry, you can not enjoy the real flavor of the fried rice in half.

It is the seasoning which comes out with fried rice, but it is enormous when you put it in fried rice and rub it. The flavor of the sauce is strong, so it may harm the original taste of fried rice.


The second dish is Wonton wnoodle.  Shrimp dumplings and wonton are thinner than the Marx noodle dishes that Hong Kong has eaten locally. I'm sad. The price is more expensive here.

But I feel comfort that I can eat Hong Kong's Wonton with noodle in distant Korea.



The third order menu, Wonton and Sugyo. Like I said before, it looks like a water dumpling. Unlike the usual water dumplings, it is served with broth.

The elongated food hangs on the side and is pork dumpling. If I order Wonton noodle, should I look first noodle? The egg noodle is hard to find in Korea and I wonder how Cheungkee can reproduces it. And It reproduced the noodle about 80%  which I ate in Hong Kong. It is wonderful.

It is not as good as Hong Kong, but it is a good taste to bring back time in Hong Kong. I have saved the unique texture of the Cheungkee egg noodle. 

Gangnam Cheungkee's shrimp is tangent, but it is smaller than Hong Kong shrimp. The shrimp in Hong Kong was either given special training or muscular, but Korea's shrimp are a little thin everywhere.
Still, heaven, sky, and cool soup are combined in one blood, Chungking's handmade pork dumplings bring out the flavor I imagine.

Gangnam Cheungkee noodle reproduced about 80% of Hong Kong memories. I usually rate local recipe at 70% when it is good, 80% if it is great. Maybe it was just before the trip to Hong Kong, so maybe Cheungkee has memorized corrections. However, the egg noodles are definitely porked and the Wonton is tangy, and above all, the fried rice is surely delicious.
Next, i will look for Cheungkee roman and vegetarian dishes. I really enjoyed the meal.
Share:

0 개의 댓글:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Yoon and Choi : enjoyLIfe | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Norén | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com

| Free Blogger Templates